- Region: Lombardia
- Mountain Group: Gruppo del Bernina
- Ubication: Val Malenco
- Latitude and Longitude: Lat 46.329197 Long 9.949897
- Map n. 93 Kompass 1:50000
- Altitude: 2.385 m
- Opening period: open every weekend in June for lunch only, from 01/07/20 open every day also for overnight stays. Reservation is mandatory. In case of bad forecast or snow we recommend to contact the manager to verify the opening of the refuge
- Telephone 0342 451178
- Web: – www.rifugiobignami.it
- Keeper: Luca Barletta
- beds: 70
It’s located at the base of the Fellaria’s alps of the Sasso Moro , in dominant position on the artificial basin of the lake Campo Gera .From the refuge , sixth leg of the Alta Via of the Valmalenco ,we can appreciete a wide view on the Bocchetta di Caspoggio , the Pizzo Varuna , The glacier Fellaria ,The Sasso rosso and the Monte Spondascia .Builted in the 55’ the refuge was donated from Clementina Agretti-Bignami at the Milan section in the memory of the son Roberto Bignami member of the section that in 1954 lost his life during the italian spedition on the Monte Api ( 7120 m) in the Garhwal-Himalaya .
HOW TO REACH THE REFUGE
From Chiesa Valmalenco we reach Lanzada m 983 ,then Franscia m1565 , reaching at the Campo Moro’s dam m1934 and the near dam of Gera ,where is possible to parking .On foot we climb and we cross on the left the dam for continue on a path that lead to the refuge (1,15 hour).